lack of space for finishing the recording

respina

hi
During the recording ,sometimes i face to the lack of space for recording in one partition ,or totally in my hard space .I do my best for optimizing the hard but still the space for finishing the song is not enough .what can i do for extending my song recording except using zipdrives,cause it is not available for me to buy it now!?

What machine are you using?

On the general side, the only option you may have to increase your available record time would be track bouncing. If you are keeping 4 or 5 tracks filled with drum kit, you may want to consider bounding them to a stereo pair, thus freeing up a few channels. Same thing for backing vocals, guitars, ect. Anything that is on more than one track.

DALtune is right.......do one or two stereo submixes to free up space.What I generally do is bounce the drums and bass to a stereo pair on tracks 7 & 8,doing about 3 different mixes (virtual tracks 1 through 3).Then I do a couple of scratch guitar takes on the tracks I would use for guitar anyway to see how my submixes hold up.Sometimes they will sound balanced until you add a couple of other instruments on top,then you say,"Where did the bass go?"
Submixing can take a little time to get right,but once you get satisfactory results,it won't take as long the next time.Sometimes I'll put guitars down before the drum/bass
submix.Good luck!

thanks friends
it was a good answer,but, what if your mixing sound bad after several submixing that are separatly good ?there is no way for turning back?just like that u mentioned about submixing drum & bass ; after applying the other parts like strings ,guitars,keyboard,and so.... u get yourr bass doesn't sound good .how u can edit it ?
thanx
and DALtune ,I use vs-1880.

Back