kudos to presonus

Scoob

bought eureka changed op amps from 5534 to analog devices ad797z all i can say is very low noise and the image is very focused and large this is in comparison to my dmp3 which was way better than the pre's on my yamaha mg mixer. two thumbs up and next week i get my jensen transformer upgrade

Scoob said:
bought eureka changed op amps from 5534 to analog devices ad797z all i can say is very low noise and the image is very focused and large this is in comparison to my dmp3 which was way better than the pre's on my yamaha mg mixer. two thumbs up and next week i get my jensen transformer upgrade
Hey Scoob, are the op-amps in the Eureka SMT or SIP? Just wondering since the other pres (Digi-Max LTs,Blue Tube, etc) are SMT. I have the Digi-max LT an was wondering if there was a upgrade available. Thanks! :cool:

snatchman said:
Hey Scoob, are the op-amps in the Eureka SMT or SIP? Just wondering since the other pres (Digi-Max LTs,Blue Tube, etc) are SMT. I have the Digi-max LT an was wondering if there was a upgrade available. Thanks! :cool:

They're socketed DIP in the Eureka, MP20, M80 series. Presonus basically designed them with swapping in mind.

I don't remember my LT but I never modded it. I wasn't brave enough to work on SMT back then. It's an entirely different pre than the Eureka though.

What's the opamp in the LT?

mshilarious said:
They're socketed DIP in the Eureka, MP20, M80 series. Presonus basically designed them with swapping in mind.

I don't remember my LT but I never modded it. I wasn't brave enough to work on SMT back then. It's an entirely different pre than the Eureka though.

Hummm...don't know exactly,but I think it's #5534 as in the majorityof their product. Thanks! :cool:

mshilarious said:

also the vxp has the sockets.
i'm wondering if maybe dip sockets could be installed in the digimax?

Hey guys, since I'm no technical person, maybe one of you guys could find out about this. Whether it's possible to "socket" the Digi-Max or not! If so, I'm sure there would be lots of Digi-Max owners that would be interested. It's a decent piece of gear (for the money), an probably would benefit from some better op-amps, upgraded power supply, etc. Hey, I'll even "donate" my Digi-Max for experimentation if someone strike up a better upgrade for it! :D

Post of good picture of the internals. I recall Presonus likes to use lots of bipolar caps, for which I'm not sure if there's great upgrades. You could bypass 'em with polys.

Presonus usually builds decent a PSU. Everything I've seen of theirs uses toroidal transformers, which is a good sign for the rest of the circuit, but maybe there is something worth doing there.

As for the opamps, you don't need to socket them to swap 'em, unless you want to experiment with a bunch of different opamps.

Back