Krokmitën - my first real recording

CarcPazu

Hi all!

Here's a track I've been working on to test my new gear. It's basicaly my "first" attempt at recording something for real with Cakewalk Sonar.

I'd like to have your opinion about it. It's still pretty much in progress because I just started on this. There's still plenty of stuff missing, lead, vocals, some drum parts. It's mainly a couple of riffs repeating themselves.
I can't really call this a mix since I don't really know yet what I'm doing. So you can be harsh in your comments since I can't pretend I'm good at it yet.

Right now I'm working on the last part so it will sound thiner compared to the first part, there's still only one guitar track on this part.

Any help advices will be greatly appreciated.

Krokmitën
Cocktail of Blood

i really dig the guitars and the tempo of this, kind of a slow makes you nod your head.. the only thing I really wish I heard more of is the bass drum.. my monitors don't have the best bass respose so take that for what its worth.
Again real cool song, love the main guitar riff..its gonna be stuck in my head for awhile. Hope you post a version with vox/leads and all that.

Take care

gary

gbav said:
i really dig the guitars and the tempo of this, kind of a slow makes you nod your head.. the only thing I really wish I heard more of is the bass drum.. my monitors don't have the best bass respose so take that for what its worth.
Again real cool song, love the main guitar riff..its gonna be stuck in my head for awhile. Hope you post a version with vox/leads and all that.

Thanks for the quick answer!
The thing is I send a good part of the bassdrum right through the subwoofer channel via my surround card. My project will be exclusively in 5.1 Surround. I forgot to remove it some of it from the LFE channel when I encoded in mp3. But I just listened carefully to the mp3 I posted and you're right the bass drum is way too low.

With most of my "main" riffs I try to make something a bit hypnotic through repetition and catchiness. I hope it's working. Your comments tells me I might not be that far from my goal at this point.

The lead is coming soon. But about the vocals, I got almost everything writen, but I'm not about to record it for a couple of reasons. I'm still in practicing state to pull this off. It's gonna be somekind of "cookie monster" type of vocals, very heavy stuff. A good parts of the vocals will be done reversed and pitchshifted.

I'll post a (I hope) better version maybe next week if I'm ready.

cellardweller said:
good tones on the guit.
What was the source?

Horns to Carc! :D

Ibanez AX120 with Seymour Duncan Invader Humbucker.
Straight into a M-Audio Firewire 410.
With 4 layers of Native Instruments Guitar Rig (I modeled the preset myself) guitars tracks.

Back