krk rp-5s???? please help

vVShellShockVv

Im planning on monitoring in a 11 ft by 11 ft room and I just want to know if the krk rp5s would be a good choice to go with..I record hip hop and I think the rp-8s might be overkill....any advice???

Im planning on monitoring in a 11 ft by 11 ft room and I just want to know if the krk rp5s would be a good choice to go with..I record hip hop and I think the rp-8s might be overkill....any advice???

The RP-5s (which I own) tend to be a little lacking in the bass frequency range - and I don't mix in a room that big (mine is maybe 9 feet square). I'd suggest at least 6" speakers, maybe even 8 - if you go with 8", they will be useful in larger rooms down the line, too. Bare in mind, I do realise the RP-8s cost more, I haven't checked the difference, so this is purely from the point of view of someone who wishes they had gotten monitors with a bigger cone :)

really?

I checked most the reviews on these speakers and most people were happy with the bass on the speaker...but of course there wont always be the same opinions among people...thanks for your input...ill check out the rp-6s.

I own the rp-6's. When i tried the 5's in the store they seemed to be lacking a little bit in the bass department so i went with the 6's. The best choice would probably be the 8's but i don't suggest the 5's.

I'm starting to think, the best you can get for full range coverage for Tracking...so maybe RP8's....especially hip hop.

for mixing it seems anything works....Auratones come to mind, or Rami mentioning using auto speakers last eyar, or Lord ALge using Radio Shack Optimus 7's on a gold record....bounce around, try anything form EarBuds to Ipods to Focal's...

then the mastering stage it's back to the best you can get. the gorgeous B&W's or what have you, seems in the pics its often like HiEnd HiFi speakers in some cathederal type room.

usually in HR its an 11x11 drywall.

I have the Rp8s and they seem pretty balanced in terms of low end and high end. They don't over do anything from what I notice. You can also adjust them a little to compensate.

However check my post from today about the guitar center sale. you can get 2 RP6s for just over $300 instead of the usual $400 plus tax.

when i was learning about monitors at first the gang here explained the 6" reason.

there is a physics thing attached to the distance....why we don't have 1" speakers used in the 3ft triangle...and we also don't have large arena PA speakers in the 3ft triangle.

now then with that train of thought....its back to the best speaker of this group, where some drivers seem to do upper mids better, some do lows better...some suck, some do it all....

the tweeters never seem to be a big deal as in room issues or hearing the cymbals....etc....

the cones are doing a lot of the work load, the bass apparently the heaviest workload of the speaker.....

which is why when you add a sub your cones "clear up"....

I start understanding it all, until I read articles and relalize I'm in Kindergarten Speaker Class again.:eek:

Back