KRK Rokit 8's - Too much for small room

Kertbert

Hi,

I just purchased Rokit 8's as I'm making the jump to proper mix monitoring from being a headphone monitor for the past while.

Since I'm new to this my ears might not be able to know if I'd be better off with a Rokit 6's or 5's for my small (12'x12') room.

I think I have 30 days to return but does anyone have experience with these monitors in a small room and think it's too much speaker?

I'm not looking to save money jumping down to the smaller ones. I just want to know if smaller is better in this case.

Hi,

I just purchased Rokit 8's as I'm making the jump to proper mix monitoring from being a headphone monitor for the past while.

Since I'm new to this my ears might not be able to know if I'd be better off with a Rokit 6's or 5's for my small (12'x12') room.

I think I have 30 days to return but does anyone have experience with these monitors in a small room and think it's too much speaker?

I'm not looking to save money jumping down to the smaller ones. I just want to know if smaller is better in this case.

look under mixing and mastering thread "how to find the right monitors" And you'll get some great insight! :cool:

I have rockit 8s in a simliar sized room at home and I like them and also some older passive KRK 8 inchers at work in a similar size room and like them as well.

Back