Krank....Is The Hype For Real?

SuperCharger

Has anyone here had any experince with these guitar amps?

Ive read loads of hype about them, having a really heavy gain sound and the like.

But I've just being searching the net for reviews and found that people either give them 10/10 or 1/10. This seems a little odd to me. Do they just make crap amps and employ people to go onto review pages and rave about them to make people believe that there are genuine customers out there that love these amps??

Thanks

talk to texroadkill.

he has personally seen and heard the amps and loves them.

you can also search for crank amps on this site and see his post about them from about a year ago.

seaerch for crank instead of krank. he accidentally spelled it wrong when he was talking about them.

A buddy of mine was getting his amp repaired by them and the company is basically a couple of guys in an industrial park space. They build the amps by hand there in the shop. We got to hear their dual channel through one of their cabs and it kicks ass. If you want a killer modern high gain amp then they are about as good as it gets.

The only other amp I really fell in love with was the Matchless Cheiftan for more retro tones. The Kranks are what would have happend if Matchless went for a modern sound. They are super quiet when you're not playing with the volume up pretty damn loud. With their hardwood cabs the sound just hits you in the chest.

I noticed they updated their website with some audio examples. I've never heard their combo's in person but I'd like to check one out.

http://www.krankamps.com/

SuperCharger said:
Has anyone here had any experince with these guitar amps?
No, but I did see the ad in Guitar Player... and in the GP 'new products' section.

if they really sound like the sample clips, then that is one kick-ass amp.......

Gidge said:
if they really sound like the sample clips, then that is one kick-ass amp.......

They sound as good or better.

If I had 3 grand to spend I'd get a Matchless but for under $1500 the Krank combo looks pretty good. I want to check it out.

Back