Korg wavestation problem

kaliyuga

I have a much loved korg wavestation which has a whine when I turn it on, which I think they do, but it is getting worse. Does anybody have any ideas what it could be or where I could find out any information. I live in a remote area so it is not so simple to just take to a technician

Is the whine only audible acoustically, or does it also bleed into the outputs? The whine is caused by the display I believe.

That seems to be the consensus yes, the sound does not come through via the outputs, is there a remedy do you think?

I use a couple of Wavestation SR's now, which have a smaller screen and don't whine like that. It's not just the Wavestation, I had a Yamaha TG77 that also had the whine. That generation of large LCD screens seemed to get have that problem.

I'm really not sure how to fix it, or if there is a fix possible.

That seems to be the consensus yes, the sound does not come through via the outputs, is there a remedy do you think?
I also think based on your brief description this is announcement of departing display. Could you examine your display in complete dark. Do you see any dimish hesitation or you can clearly verify baklit is stable all the way? Know that - unless this soundly bothers you - it could take months or even much more until it completely loses baklit.

Since we really are in the final circle of Kaliyuga and should you postpone your trip to Brahmaloka… :)

If you however decide to fix this, I highly recommend these gents.

Incidentally, whiniest display I'm aware of... is to be found on Emax II rack. Luckily, It was my friend's.

Back