Korg USB connectivity

cortexx

Hi Guys

Just wondering if any of you have had issues with Korg products when using them through USB.

I have a korg radias , korg kaoss KP3 pad , Korg Micro-X

Each and every one of these does not function on USB properly. I get sporadic or lost USB connections all the time, USB mouse and keyboard disconnects etc etc.

I have tried the installs on 2 desktop computers and a leptop , all the same problems exist on all computers.

I also have NI Kore , access virus TI, V-synth , fantom X8 , cubase 4 usb key , and a few other devices and they all give me no problems, it's just the Korg products.

Using XP Pro on all system , no virus scans and power saving for USB has been turned off.

All firmware updates and driver updates have been installed.

Good quality shielded USB cables have also been used.

Any clues ? or do i just ditch the korg products i have and buy other brand gear , i have spent more time over the last few months jerking around with these problems than i have being productive.

:mad:

I've got the PadKontrol, and I've never had an issue with connectivity. I bricked the whole thing somehow (wouldn't come on at all), but Korg replaced it. Neither the new nor the old one seemed at all flaky with regard to USB -- I use a mac, btw.

Well I gave up using the Korg equipment through USB in the end , Korg tech support wasn't able to find a solution but did say that some products did have compatibility issues with certain USB chipsets .

I ditched the microkorg , radias , kept the KP3 and the karma ( which doesnt have USB connectivity anyway ). I use the KP3 memory card slot for transfering data , and it does work through USB for setting changes.

Im sticking with Roland , access keyboards from now on , I never diid like the feel of Korg keyboards anyways ..

Back