Korg Triton

I believe that the motif has digital out so if you have digital capabilites on your soundcard you can bypass two conversions for even better sound. Hey Shaz, have you tried that?

Yep. The Motif has TOSlink optical out (20 or 24 bit) which I can input to either my soundcard or my HD recorder after converting to S/PDIF with a Midiman CO2 (Just heard back from Bruce on word length too, ans he says it passes the whole 24 bit words). I didn't think I would notice a difference because I was using 500-series monster cables before that, but the signal is in fact brighter and more detailed via digital.

Hey, shaz, how much sampling memory can you put in the yamaha? Can it sample from spdif?

You can put two 32MB simms in for 64MB of sampling memory. No, the Motif doesn't have S/PDIF ins (actually I think you can get an mLAN card that has that feature) but you can always import .WAV files via USB, SCSI, or SmartMedia.....

-Shaz

how is the Motif going to become "overused and overrated" becuase it doesn't have a rack thingy? That doesn't make any sense at all. It just won't be used in a rack....

I think separating it from the keyboard is kind of sinful anyways. Yamaha has by far the most realistic piano feel/weighting of any of the high end synths. I bought an S80 about 2 years ago..becuase i wanted something that i could really play piano on. It feels the best...better than Roland...and WAY better than Korg, to my fingers.

I'd love a Motif8. but, I am happy with the S80, certainly.

Back