Korg N series with cakewalk

waigy

Hey man

I´m using cakewalk sonar and a Korg N1r.
I also use korg`s bundled software (sen1n5) program which lets you make 32 performances and change the effect, but I am having reliability problems with this software.
I would prefer to use bank/patch change commands in cakewalk to choose sounds for each midi channel, but is there a way to change the korg`s effects in cakewalk?

Cheers man

If your version of Cakewalk can send SyEx messages --- I know Sonar can --- then the answer is yes, but it's probably more tedium than you'll want to take on.

My recommendation would be to change the effects manually, save the results as a patch and change it from Cakewalk the easy way...

Thanks for the reply, but I sussed it myself last night.
For anyone else that might need this info here´s how I did it.

Started the korg sound editor program (sen1n5) then started Cakewalk.
In my track, I opened the event list view, then inserted a new event at the time I wanted an effect change.
Then changed the event type to sysex data.
I put the track on a 4 bar loop then, in the sen1n5 program in performance mode, clicked on the edit common button and cycled through some effects till I got the one I wanted.
One good thing about the sen1n5 program is that it shows you the sysex data numbers and letters everytime you change something.
I then copied the sysex numbers into the sysex data column in cakewalk´s new event.

Cheers man

Back