Korg I5,,,is it worth it?

Montra

hi there,, i write my own tunes,,,,have played in pro cover bands way back when,,,,and i'm thinking about purchasing a P.A.,,,,,,and using the korg I5 as my sequencer\sound modual,,,as i'll be doin singles, duos, or trio work,,,,covering collective soul n stuff,,,,i really have to have good sound!!!! lol ,,,,,,,listening with open eyes,,,,,does anyone have any experience with it?

hehe... I haven't tried it, but I bet a Motif station is still a better choise... Most Korg is kinda wank and flat imo... especially their stupid electribe boxes.. 32khz output, how wank is that?

oh yeah, ummm ignore my typin' kinda like my mind, all scattered.........chris, i'm not a keyboardist, is the motif station a keyboard?........also thanx for the sound input, good to know anothers opinion, i talked to a dude at ward music connection in langley, b.c. canada..he's been doing this stuff for years upon years and said the I5 is out dated and recommended a korg pa-80 or another named the(don't remember who makes it) IX300. but they are keyboards, some of the little stages out there can be small, maybe i should just buy some rack sound modual and a rack sequencer, any sugestions on that?

rack, yeah...
Yamaha RS7000 and Korg Triton rack are out there.. if you don't think you need a sampler on it, The RM1X is cool..

Really, there's alot of big arse sequencers and workstations out there, but if you want sound quality and innovation, all i can really point at is the Yamaha RS7000...
The preset sounds beat the tritons tenfold imo, and the sampler is classy. The sequencer is the best out there...
You even have an onboard compressor... I can't beat that even by mentioning some of the good ol' 32 track

If you're not looking for single unit production, the Quasimidi Polymorph is interessting.. there's also the Korg M1 (used by alot of big artists), which you might be able to get cheap second hand...
The Akai MPC series.. well.. i'm not very hyped out about 'em up to 16 of sample memory... do'h that's weak for our modern standards... maybe the MPC3000se could fall in your taste with the scsi connection.. but the yamaha also got that...

all'n all Yamaha RS7000 if you wanna go rack, innovation and potential...
if you take the rm1x (no sampler) you might wanna buy a compressor... same can be said about korg...

Korg Karma is basically the triton without a sampler... go check out the sounds in a store and see what you like... if you want more specific details i'll be glad to help further... if you consider this help hehe

thanx chriss, i will go check out the yami at a music store, i guess that i'll never know until i do eh....i'll take some midi stuff with me to see how they measure up......i'm sure a lot do...i'll make special note of the yami you suggested. take care.

Back