KORG Forum?

Keith L

I noticed there wasn't one. Do you think there's enough of an interest on this board to create one? My guess is, with the new D1600, there will be a lot of interest in the near future. Your thoughts?

Well, Markert, it looks like you and me, eh? I'll be getting my D1600 within a month- so I'll probably be leanin' on you for a while- or at least until I figure the thing out!

not alone

y'all are not alone....i have a D1600 shipping out april 15th (march 15th was the original ship date, but they keep bumping it) Im real excited...can't wait to start working with it! I checked out everything out there and the D1600 seemed like the best deal for the buck to me. Im just tired as hell of waiting

Korg forum

I also have a D16. Just finished my first project on it -- one nice little machine!

A Korg forum gets my vote!

Jon

a got my monitors about 2 weeks ago....shipped my korg cd writer that mounts to the d1600 today...wow....maybe one of thses days they'll actually ship me a d1600 (that i've already paid for)

Jimistone- I know they're out there- I was playing with a new D1600 for about two hours at MARS last weekend.
I'm psyched that there are a few of us here to bounce stuff off of. I, like you, am "tired as hell of waiting".

The D16 and D1600 are very similar operationally, so the D16 folks will be a great help to us.

I look forward to it!...

me too!

count me in on a Korg board. the D16 rocks. i'm sure there are some more people out there too. maybe we should ask dragon or whoever is in charge to set up a real board?

Westermane- I just emailed Dragon2, asking what kind of a response we need in order to rate our own forum. I'll report back as soon as I hear.

Meanwhile, KEEP THOSE CARDS & LETTERS COMING!!!

I am also a D16 owner, that makes ummmm (how many now?).

I have seen the specs for the 1600, I like the fact that there is phantom power which my D16 does not have and the additional 4 faders.

Anyway, you have my vote.

hey jimistone!

I just got off the phone with MusiciansBuy,com, and they're telling me that, except for the handful of demo's shipped to the big houses (MARS and the like), that the first batch of Korg deliveries are sitting on a ship somewhere in the Pacific!

Who did you order yours from?

the korg forum

im all for a korg forum...we can help each other learn the machine and all of us will be more efficiant. i have some original material that im excited about...can't wait to start cutting tracks. im looking forward to hearing some stuff done on d16's or 1600's. i did some recordings on adat in a friends home studio a while back...but the basic tracks got destroyed...all i had left was a chessy mix on a cassette tape with fake horns (a guide track on the horns)...i uploaded it to garageband.com just for the hell of it... (Papa KreaK "gambling blues")....cause i wanted to upload something. it ended up going to #8....out of about 29000 songs...got in the final countdown. i was embarassed about the poor quality and the fake horn guide track. THIS WILL NOT HAPPENED AGAIN WHEN IM A D1600 OWNER!

musicians freind

ordered mine from musicians friend....cause you can order and talk to someone there at midnight...when im online anyway (i like stores that are ready for business 24 hrs)

Yep, I'm in

Well, Ok, I only have a D8,
but I love it lots, an' I love making music on it , an' it is a Korg, an' I promise I won't get in the way, an', did I say I love it lots? yeah, OK,

well, can I, please? Huh, can I???

Macca

korg forum

# 15 and counting we should let all those guys at yahoo hear about this, anyway great plyable tool, korg d-16, for the novice it doesen't get better, and compact, keep counting, korg is a player, where's the arena..?

Well I just bought a d16 for an unbelievable price and I tell you what, for the millions of luscious features packed into this ungodly small box, I will definitely need this forum!!!!

mixing on the d1600

i've been reading about the d1600 (still haven't shipped mine) and i was wondering if anyone could explain something to me. in the description of this machine they say that you can do mixing scenes...or hook it up to midi equipment for a fully automated mix. question #1 is if you do a mixing scene can you pull it back up and change1 or 2 details in the mixing scene or do you have to do another whole mixing scene. question #2 what do they mean by hooking it up to midi sequencer for a fully automated mix? i think this is the same for the d16 and the d1600...so i was hoping maybe someone could explian it to me....thanks

Back