Korg Electribe R MKII

Decay

Does anyone have any experience with the Korg Electribe R MKII? What is the full extent of the unit's capability? Does anyone have any tunes where the unit has been employed? The demos at the official korg site are not all that interesting.

I owned an Electribe R MK I and found it easy to use and cabable of producing all kinds of electronic drums, from classic Roland machines (if you squinted your ears a little) to Simmons drums to some quite original sounds. It has a nice distortion built in too.

If you're looking for naturalistic sounds you won't find them in the Electribe R, but for breakbeat, dub, abstract, and D+B I would heartily recommend it.

I played with the MK II at a store and it seemed to be pretty much the same as the one I owned but with more memory and more song slots...

Thanks, man. Realistic sounding drums is no concern of mine with this purchase - I've got BFD for that specific purpose. I'm doing a industrial/metal/electronic type of thing. Do you have any tracks uploaded in which the unit has been employed?

altitude909 said:
I would just go to GC and try one

So would I if I had the opportunity. I live in Norway. Unfortunately, there are no interesting stores carrying gear in my immediate area. I'm forced to do all my music related purchases online, hence I tend to be very meticulous in my pre-order research.

Back