Korg D888

Winterlocked Ge

I just bought a Korg D888 yesterday and recorded quite succesfully with it. However, after I copied the files from the machines hard drive to my computer I went back in to do some over dubbing and the files said they were there but contained no sound. Any suggestions on what happened and/or how to fix it?

~~Geoff~~

I can't help you with the question, but am looking for a review of this unit. It sounds like my next purchase.

Buy it! It's a very solid piece of equipment.

My review...

It's super easy and very very good quality. I had it for 8 hours and just messin around was able to put out tracks at around studio quality with little effort. The gain does suck until you learn how to use it after that it's fine. The best feature by far though is the drag and drop option where you just take the recorded tracks (which are .wav files) and drop 'em into Cakewalk or Cubase or whatever you are using and edit! The effects on the machine are really f#cking nice too. Anyways I would definitely recommend it to any one looking for easy recording with some damn fine results!

Im looking at this one at the moment. Im after a portable external multitrack recorder that can record 8 tracks simultaneously, has 8 track-out individual sockets and has USB socket to transfer to and from computer.

Does it have LATENCY?

Iv heard mentioned these portable type digital multitrack units sound thin, is this the case whith this unit?

Does not look like it has channel insert sockets on each channel for things like compressors?

Looking at the specs, it records at 16bit 44khz wave files, it has midi ouput for transmitting MTC code at a fixed rate of 30 frames per second, it has on board digital effects, 3 band EQ on each channel....ect

Anyone have one or is there any alternatives to the Korg D888 about at the moment, esspecialy in that price range?

Im looking at this one at the moment. Im after a portable external multitrack recorder that can record 8 tracks simultaneously, has 8 track-out individual sockets and has USB socket to transfer to and from computer.

Does it have LATENCY?

Iv heard mentioned these portable type digital multitrack units sound thin, is this the case whith this unit?

Does not look like it has channel insert sockets on each channel for things like compressors?

Looking at the specs, it records at 16bit 44khz wave files, it has midi ouput for transmitting MTC code at a fixed rate of 30 frames per second, it has on board digital effects, 3 band EQ on each channel....ect

Anyone have one or is there any alternatives to the Korg D888 about at the moment, esspecialy in that price range?
I have used mine for years and have never had a latency problem. It's the reason I bought it.

Back