korg d8

monstertruck

does anyone have any expirience with this digital recording device and is it any good ?
can it loop ?

i have the chance to pick one up and was wandering if its worth the cash and time. thanx

A friend of mine works at guitar center. He told me he cant think of a single item (recorder) that has been returned due to damage or complaints more than this one.

Never had a problem with mine. Sounds very good when you use some outboard gear with it ( preamp, comp, .....). Only 2 simultaneous inputs, may be limiting for you. Some of the internal effects are pretty good. They're great for a one man operation in a bedroom/spare room unless you want to record a lot of instuments/tracks. I've already felt the 8 track limitation - need 16 tracks. You run out more quickly than you would think. I would buy another one if I were starting out. For say, hmm, $350 or less. I paid $800 US for mine new. The tiny hard drive that comes with it needs to be replaced with a 4 gig drive. The RCA analogue outputs are kinda weak - you need to boost the signal to go to a tape recorder. Has S/PDIF to go to a cd burner. Works good. Hope some of this helps.

Back