Korg D-8 hook-up help, please!

silver62

Hi there all!
First of all, I'm sorry to bother you with such a newby question, but, you know, I need this information very quick (possibly...)

I own an "old" Korg D-8 8 track HD recorder:

( see http://www.korg.com/gear/info.asp?a_prod_no=D8&category_id=3 for details)

I need to hook up this gear to the PC; which one? An Asus L3 laptop:

(see http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=L3000-Tp Series&langs=09 for details)

The connection diagram is not shown in the instruction manual, and the external ports of the D-8 don't seem suitable for the task, IMHO...

Again, sorry for the newbish kind of post... and thanks a lot for your replies! -- Marco.

Diagram Images added [1/2]

Hi guys, perhaps the attached images could help without browsing to the urls specified...

Ciao -- Marco.

Attachments

• korgd8outs.gif
    korgd8outs.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 30
Please!

Hi. I've got the message. The post is too dumb, but hey, you gurus could drop me a line, please.
Do it for the sake of a mental like me...

No, Silver. Not dumb; i just don't know how to help you. I'm not a kybd player and am not familiar with the best way to do what you want to do.

How does the Korg store its recorded tracks? Are they WAV? WAV is what you want if you're going to import them into n-Track. If they're not WAV, then they'll have to be converted somehow.

So you have 2 issues;
- Are they in the right format
- Getting them copied from one device to another

I think that how you do the second depends on the answer to the first. If they're already WAV files, then there's no sense converting them to analog and then back to digital (in other words, using an analog output like LineOut).

Looks like that Korg has digital out as well as analog out. It would be great if you had a sound card with digital in. They're available in USB and Firewire.

I'm just babbling trying to help in some way. But like i said, i have no experience doing what you need done.

Perhaps a stop by the n-Track Forum would help.

tj

Back