km 83i

jleal

A friend of mine brought over an old mic he had in storage somewhere for me to use. Its a nuemann km 83i. is this mic like the km 184 and others. I cant seem to find much info about it. If anyone has one what do you like to use it on ???? I like the 184 on overhead and guitars.

Thanks..

jleal said:
A friend of mine brought over an old mic he had in storage somewhere for me to use. Its a nuemann km 83i. is this mic like the km 184 and others. I cant seem to find much info about it. If anyone has one what do you like to use it on ???? I like the 184 on overhead and guitars.

Thanks..

i believe it's an omni km84...which is a kinda different mic than the 184 in character...less top...

Mike

And it is a really excellent mic. The omni model of the Neumann SD line that preceeded the KM184. Many people prefer the KMxx models to the KM1xx models because they are less hyped. As an omni, if you have a decent room, it will work great on a lot of things. Overheads, acoustic instruments, as a room mic. They don't make them anymore so be nice to it :D

Thanks for the info. It does sound nice i used on hi hat this morning and I was very happy with the sound much better then my akg c430.. thanks again !!

Back