Kisses & Giggles

clay

I wrote this for my daughter's wedding. Her 4-year-old voice starts and ends the song. I can't hear it using Windows player but others have said they can hear it with musicmatch. Pls let me know if you can hear it. I want to add more background music for my next project. I'd love to hear your suggestions. Tks.

Link: www.nowhereradio.com/ckearney/singles

Last edited:
I don't get it. I did everything just like "Butterflies". I converted the audio CD to mp3 using Altomp3 program and uploaded it at nowhereradio.com. I did it three times. HELP, please someone!!!

Go to the Nowhere site an ask Waldo if there is something wrong. I'm sure he will respond in a timely manner and get to the bottom of the prob. I couldn't get through either.

Theron.

Take a glance at your link... you've got two "w"s in it.

It's nowhere... not nowwhere...

I edited the link.. it took me straight to your site... I clicked on the song.. it played just fine in my Windows Media Player (v8.0)

WATYF

Now that we got that figured out,

Wow. Clay, you've a very touching song here.

I'm 32, single, no children and this song really touched me. It is very sincere and well written. The "I can't think of the instrument!"tap hammer bell tones were perfect. The intro made you wanna listen even though it wasn't a perfect match. No hiss or anything! Did you record your daughter on a digital format since she was 1?:).

My dad is working on a cd for my sister and I'm sure he would bark up this tree.

If your fathering is half as good as the quality and sentiment of this song, then I'd say you've a very happy daughter and a very proud son in law. Of course, the easy part was the song.:D

Sorry I've no mix comments.

Peace

Theron.

Theron, I actually found an old cassette tape I used to record my three daughters voices as they were growing up in the 80's. Glad you liked it. It was fun to write.

On the link, it finally worked for me but I had to hit the down arrow to the left of the play arrow. Maybe the file size is too big. I don't know.

That was sweet. I like the arrangement, simple. Is that a miniture toy zylophone? Tamborine is a bit erratic. The mix sounds good, maybe bring up the guitar.

Your voice is perfect for that song. I can't describe why but it's perfect. Nice job! I agree that the guitar should come up a bit and maybe replace the tamborine with a subtle rythm texture. I like the xylophony sound also.

So was everyone bawling at the wedding?

Thanks erichenryus. Yes, everyone was bawling...it was pretty cool? That's one thing that's common among us songwriters, we love to touch people is some way, don't we? Really doesn't matter if its tears of sadness or happiness. Just being able to touch someone through our songs is what its all about.

I kinda feel like I've invaded your private life by listening to this...
nice stuff..

erichenryus said:
I just played this for my wife and she started crying too.

It's enough to make a brutha cry!LOL!I've got a niece and nephew that are a year old so I can relate to the babytalk at the beginning and end.:)I need a tissue.Seriously.

Clay,
What kind of Mic are you singing into?What does the Vocal chain consist of?Pre-amp?

Kramer, in Kisses & Giggles I used a Stedman N90 dynamic microphone. No preamp was needed. When I did that a year ago, I had a Roland VS880. I just recorded it directly into that with a little reverb added. No compression. Since then, I bought an AT3035 condenser mic and a Korg D-1600 recorder. That's what I used for Butterflies, which I wrote a month ago. I run the AT into a Blue Tube preamp, then right into the Korg. Again, no compression. The finished product doesn't sound that much different to me (comparing vocals that is), but I love singing into that Audio technica. The sensitivity is awesome and I don't have worry about volume at low points. I want to learn how to use compression now. Still struggling with that.

Mixmkr, you're not invading my private life, I bet if or when you have kids, you'll be right there with me in that song.

Very nice job. All around, nice chord changes and melody, and your voice....Harks back a little to when singers really sang. I'm sure your daughter was thrilled.....I, I'm gettin kinda. misty ova here.

I listened the other day...

sorry I meant to reply. Your voice reminded me of an American Paul Mcartney. It was really good, the way it is written aswell has that great Mcartney method. I think you`ll get a few tears to this one.

clay said:

Mixmkr, you're not invading my private life, I bet if or when you have kids, you'll be right there with me in that song.

well...I've got 8 [step]grand-kids, and the oldest, we just found out is pregnant....which will make my wife the youngest great grandma I know...(and I'd still be a pup with being a [step]great grandfather too!)

BUT!!!!! my geetar is still louder than the whole pack put together!!!!!!!:eek:

Back