Killing My Valentine

MJ,
I'll give your post a listen soon but before I do may I offer:
You've been polite and appreciative of comments offered you & may have even implemented some suggestions...
BUT
You're light on commenting on other folk's work.
Yeah, you've chimed in a bit but often to find out how somwthing's been done. It shows you're keen, inquisitive, listen and want to improve - all good things!
However, you really ought to develop a profile in the forum as a poster & commentator.
I'll get an idea of you as a person: tastes, proclivities etc as well as the music you offer and then become more inclined to respond to posted songs etc.
There've been a lot of unknowns posting in the clinic, getting feedback or hits on mspace etc & disappearing.
Don't be a stranger. Become part of the thing.
I look forwad to listening to AND reading your posts.
Cheers
rayc

Joseph- I liked the track. It definitely sounds like something that I could hear on modern rock radio. A couple of things that hit me while listening. The toms sounds like they are missing some of the upper attack. Listen to how much click the kick has compared to them in the intro. I don't think they should be as extreme as the kick but they should definitely have some top end "thwack". The rhythm guitars sound like they could have a little more upper midrange bite to me. They sound clean and well balanced but come off sounding like "direct" tracks. I would like to hear more energy out of the vocals between the chorus and the verses. Right now they sound really similar. I would try to differentiate them a little more. These are all pretty much preference just tossing in my 2 cents. Good work!

Thank you very much. I will definately take your advice into consideration in my next mix of the song. I agree with you the whole way. Again , I really appreciate the comment.

Great performances for the style. Good comment earlier about the vox/b'ing vox needing a bit of differentiation; my thoughts exactly. I'm listening on earbuds, so things could be skewed this end balance-wise, but I found myself focusing on the guitars more than the vocals, which can't be a good thing - might try bringing the main vox up a tad? There's little low end in these earbuds so it's pointless commenting on EQ. And certainly a subjective comment this last one: the fadeout ending is a bit disappointing, needs to go out with a bang IMO.

Well played.
The bass guitar doesn't seem to have much space to itself - it may need a little peak in the upper mids for definition.
I not a fan of the bass drum sound - to my ears it's like hitting a piece of taut alfoil with a pencil - I know it's defined by genre but I think it's a restriction to the song a chest thumping bass drum would suit it better.
Very good pop rock vocal performance & recoridng of it.
Is the rumble in the intro the tom toms on low pass? It's distracting & the previous comments about giving them some top would be a on the mark for me.
Only a little tweaking needed - this is pretty flash already.

I like the guitar tones and harmony and the layering, maybe a little more in the upper mids to add some bite and definition to the guitars.
The kick drum sample/sound is too false as in sampled sounding. The presence of the acoustic bass thud of a natural kick drum would bring this tune alive a little more, at the moment it's too clicky. That's just my personal opinion in what I offer as being constructive criticism.
The vocals could benefit from being bought up in level by a db or two.

Overall I like the individual parts mostly, maybe a little more separation in the stereo field to give the tune and all it's part a little more room to breathe.

Nice work though metalj. Thanx for sharing.

Back