Killing floor

One of my favourite songs. I love Jimi Hendrix's version live in Sweden I think it was. Spectacular.

And you've nailed the more traditional rendition here. The singing is great and all the playing is very cool.
Thanks, I love hendrix's version too.

Great song !!
There's so many really good versions of this tune, couldn't even begin to count
them. I think this version is right up there amungst some of the best.
Got great feel, vibe, musicianship, tone....... got it all.
Great job !!
Dig this
Thanks!

Jimi,
I have always been a fan of your recordings.
I listen to music here in the clinic often.
When I read the title "Killing Floor" I knew immediately that you were covering a great tune!
I like your version.
I remember the first time I heard the tune in 1968 when I bought the album recorded by The Electric Flag.

Yeah, that is a really cool version for sure!

The retro vibe and sounds are brilliant and so well recorded. The guitar is fab. Mix is balanced to me, this one is done. Good job

This was really well done and an enjoyable listen. Very nice vocals and absolutely beautiful guitar tones, too. The only thing that sticks out to me is there are a few sharp notes in the solo --- sounds as though a few bends just went a bit too far sometimes. But man, the tone! :) Nice!

This was really well done and an enjoyable listen. Very nice vocals and absolutely beautiful guitar tones, too. The only thing that sticks out to me is there are a few sharp notes in the solo --- sounds as though a few bends just went a bit too far sometimes. But man, the tone! :) Nice!
Thanks beagle.
I agree the lead guitar performance isn't my best work. Overbends and sloppiness in general .
I will spend more time on the performance next time. I spent a lot of time tweaking the guitar tone this time and was kind of spent when I got it there.

Back