Kiddie's Music

jwarv

I'm currently working on a children's cd. Contemporary tunes of varying styles with comedic voices yet practical themes. (e.g. "Wash Your Hands" as sung by Apu Nahasapeemapedalon type of guy to a disco-ey/electronica style.)

Anyhoo, I'll eventually be posting a few of the songs on the mp3 site. When I do I'll let yuz knowz.

Until then, is there anybody out there who knows a more direct way to contact a publisher or whoever deals specifically with this sort of material?

I can check the internet but it would be encouraging to hear from someone who has actually done something in that venue.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Can't help you wit the publishing over there, but keep up the good work my friend. I hope you get your deal.

I am partner in a musicschool of which 90% clients are kiddies aged 7 to 12. Real fun to work with. We currently have about 100 clients (we've started this school in august). In a month we are to record our third cd with these kiddies. We allready recorded a project cd (Disney songs) and a christmas cd. Non of these were commercial projects, only the children and parents got copies. We did it to keep the children excited. This makes me think of trying something commercial though....we have the little performers.....hhmmm...I'll keep you posted..

There are a few people who write Children's music at Just Plain Folks ....you might be able to get some ideas there.
Sorry I could not help more.

Downside,....sounds like a lot of fun.
Young minds, fresh ideas, new talent.
Cool!

Anything that helps kids is A-OK in my book.
Joe:)

MP3s are up

Well, I finally got them up. If you want to check them out there at:
www.mp3.com/gizmo_thorndyke

Perhaps the recording technique isn't quite what it could be but I'm more interested in comments about content and marketability.
Thanks,
Jason

Back