kick mic? v1.2493458486843*539

dietcookie

Anyways i'm about ready to actually get a kick mic and im still unsure of what I want. I had my mind set on a D112 but I keep thinking about the Sennheiser 421. I could use it on guitar cabs as well right? What do you guys prefer? For the kick portion, I kinda want the mic to be versitile. I don't know if the 421 offers that?

Rarely can you have everything. Since you want a kick mic the D112 is definitley mentioned far more often in that role. Not sure how the MD421 would sound on kick. But the MD421 is always described as being very versatile especially with it's 5 position roll-off switch. 421 is definitely more flexible.

IMHO, the 421 will blow the doors off the D112 but for less money than the 421 the Beta 52 is an excellent kick drum mic.Everytime, I've used a beta 52 on a kick drum it's tight (not muddy) and pretty much get the levels right and hit record.I owned a D112 before and to me the diaghram is heavy and I alway's had to EQ it to hell to get it to sound acceptable.

The 421 is good on Kick and is what I use.

However, I'm going to be getting a e602 as soon as financially possible - for kick drum its one of the best you can get.

But, the 421 would be more versatile.

I have many kick mic's, D112, Beta52, ATM25, RE20, and etc... but, my favorite kick drum mic is the Sennheiser MD421.

Back