keys for indie rock noise band?

visa

hi everyone, does anyone here have some advice on what keyboard to get?

i want some crazy tweakable synth sounds (attack, release etc.) as well as some decent emulations of regular instruments like glock and a piano or rhodes.
does such a device exist?

i don't wanna spend more than $300 and it only has to have a maximum of 3 octaves.

i wanna use this in my indie rock band. lots of guitars and noise.

anyone?

I don't have too many suggestions, except that you'll probably have to spend more than 300 bones, unless you find something nice and vintage. Synths are expensive.

to be perfectly honest it doesn't have to be a high end keyboard and i'm by no means and experienced player.

someone suggested the roland rs-5 to me and it does seem like it would suit my style.

the problem is that it's too big and a few dollars over my price limit.

i'm looking for something similar with maybe 2 or 3 octaves less than the rs-5.

I used a Yamaha CS1X quite successfully in a similar situation. Here's a link to one on eBay - LINK - that's says it's in good shape and for dragging it around town and out of town it comes with it's own ATA (flight approved) case.

I tried it's sucessor the CS2X but was less than satisfied. IMHO the CS1X will fill the bill.

And I have a simple suggestion for your 'too many keys' dilemma - just ignore the ones you don't feel you need.

i was given a cs1x by my sister's boyfriend, i dont have the "too many keys" problem with that because he busted up 1/4 of the keys with his drum sticks while doing his one man band thing. it is a very under-rated synth, i love the thing.

Back