keyboards vs groove machines

penfloor95

Hello everyone,

When I first starting getting into creating music, and recording it, I alwasy used my keyboard for drums. Lately I have been really trying to sort a find my niche, and have came to a conclusion that my style, is centered around a Groovy Hip Hop sound.
The question is, what can I do with a Rythm Machine, such as Korg's Electribe ER1; or Roland Groove Box that I might not be able to do with my Alesis qs6.1.
As far as simplicity in creating a funky beat,(ie preset beats) what else can these machines offer me, and is it worth investing in?
Thanx for any responses.

I saw a very adept demonstration of this Groove Box at my local Guitar Satan by one of the staff that owns one and obviously loves it. The key advantage is the simplicity of tweaking the sounds with knobs in real time as opposed to entering some complex digital menus sytem to select parameter changes. The sequencer features seem to be about the same as a keyboard with a sequencer included.

The only difference is that the ER1 is probably the baddest rhythym machine ever made. You get one drum kit. But because of all the stuff you can do to it, you have like a million kits. You can affect so many different things in real time. It's just freaking awesome. Buy three.

Back