Keyboard with faster midi load/play

salsamac

Hi I need a keyboard or setup that can load a midi song and/or pattern so that there is no long delay between songs when playing live. I had a look at the korg pa1xpro with the fader, but seems that it works only for songs, not patterns.
I need something that can load patterns so I can go to a loop when needed and then to the outro.
Thanks
salsa

Before I can make intelligent suggestions I have some questions.

First, what are you using now? And, more importantly, what is it not doing that makes you want to replace it?

Second, are you a keyboard player or is your primary instrument something else?

Third, when you say 'set up' are you willing to consider a computer with software?

ssscientist said:
First, what are you using now?
Yamaha es 8
ssscientist said:
And, more importantly, what is it not doing that makes you want to replace it?
It's not fast enough in loading patterns/songs. I need to be able to have the next song/pattern loaded and ready to go while one is playing so when I stop the song I can start the other almost immediatley. No pressing of file, select, pattern or song, then going into folders, then scrolling to find song then, loading etc.

ssscientist said:
Second, are you a keyboard player or is your primary instrument something else?
A keyboard player relying heavily on the instrument for most all backing tracks

ssscientist said:
Third, when you say 'set up' are you willing to consider a computer with software?
No, I have a laptop; I want hardware
thanks
salsa

salsamac said:
I want hardware
I don't know enough about keyboards with built-in midi file players to make any kind of recommendation, useful or not.

The Korg that you mentioned is expensive --- do you have $3700 available to solve this problem?

salsamac said:
Hi I need a keyboard or setup that can load a midi song and/or pattern so that there is no long delay between songs when playing live. I had a look at the korg pa1xpro with the fader, but seems that it works only for songs, not patterns. I need something that can load patterns so I can go to a loop when needed and then to the outro. Thanks salsa

Not really my domain.

But, should you rethink your setup at later date, consider that these players are from the very start in this field and they only get better with each new generation.

Multiplayer devices, no longer available in their product program, also very interesting devices for you to consider.

Back