Keyboard for Stage/Studio < 500?

DRMS_7888

I am looking for a keyboard that will work well in studio and live applications. I am mostly concerned with a realistic piano sound, some nice organs, and random ambient things like strings and choir ahhs. It doesn't have to be full sized or fully weighted keys, but still something easily playable.

MIDI is not a huge concern, but having at least MIDI functionality would be nice.

I would be willing pay up to $500, ebay or new.

Any reccommendations or experiences with models like this?

Thanks for the reccommendation! I have been checking out the DGX-505 online now. I think my church might even have a DGX of some kind. I will have to try it out.

Any other reccommendations from anyone?

Playing live is not a desire of mine but I have that keyboard and I love it. I don't haul it around but I think that it would stand up to the abuse. It has a lovely set of natural piano voices that I know you will like. It has a nice set of other sound samples too. The keys are weighted lighter than a real piano but I like it actually and, of course, it can respond to velocity. I have used it to output midi to my music program but I don't make music that way usually. You will have to amplify it for an audience and when you do it will sound great.

Back