Keyboard Epic, a completely different thing than i'd normally do

strat0tele

Normally I stick to the same formula. Guitars, bass, and some vocals.

This time around i decided to work basically only on keyboards, bass and a small acoustic guitar very lightly in the background. I am using a Yamaha PSR-190 for all my sounds, but I like how it came out, considering the other crappy keyboards i've been using.

The playing is weak at some points, as I would not consider myself a piano/keyboard player and it really shows. I listen to this and I am suprised I had it in me to write this, compared to my other stuff.

MY FIRST SONATA LOLOL

Suggestions/comments?

the timing sounds really loose, especially for the first 30 seconds or so.
unlike most i won't tear apart your mix because it's listenable and good enough for a home recording. one thing i'll mention about the keyboard playing, however, is that if you play the left hand (comping) and right hand (melody) parts with different sounds it makes the recording sound really busy.

I see, perhaps maybe having 400 patches isn't the best thing. Hah. The playing is VERY loose, because I am a horrible keyboard player. I really even shouldn't post it, because I can just imagine how this is making real keyboard players cringe because I know if heard some off time guitar i'd rip it apart.

sorry, I couldn't listen to the whole thing. those keyboard textures/tones just can not sound good no matter how you play them.

Back