Keyboard Choice: Alesis, E-mu or...?

An Alesis should be great in a studio. I've got an 8.1 and love it. Also used an 8.0 in church for about 5 years. They sell some very good extra sounds for it, too.

Some words of warning:
1) lots of lousy sounds to pick through;
2) editing interface was sucky on the .0s and .1s - maybe they improved it for the .2s though;
3) QSs are not known for their ruggedness or reliability. As long as it's a studio and you don't take it on stage, you should be okay - just don't let Jerry Lee jump on it, or Keith drive knives into it;
4) Alesis's support network is now officially crap since Numark bought them. No local repair centers any more, you ship (and pay shipping one way). This may be temporary, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part; and
5) My love for my QS-8.1 is based largely upon the excellent feel of the keyboard. You won't get that with a 6.2.

No Emu experience to offer a comparison, sorry. Almost got a Carnaval once, sorry I didn't. I was being frugal at the moment. Frugality never makes me happy.

Appreciate the guidance!

Ah, replies at last! Thanks guys, really appreciate it, guitar is my thing, and I just can't keep up with the keyboard trends. (Except for one... I will always love Hammonds!)

If she is attached to the microkorg (which should be very good for bass), why not a ms2000 which is the same thing basically, but can do more...

f. lai said:
If she is attached to the microkorg (which should be very good for bass), why not a ms2000 which is the same thing basically, but can do more...

I would think because the Microkorg is little over half the price of the MS2000 and you get the same sound...

why the microKorg?

Oh, it's because she digs the vocorder and similar abilities on the microKorg....I told her I thought it was a toy....

Back