key change for adjusting vocal correction?

coolsoundman

Hi,

I downloaded a song track from a website that is all midi. I want to use this as a sound track to sing along, but my only problem is that the song is in a pitch to high for me to sing it at. Is there a way that I can move the whole entire track to a pitch that is adjusted to my voice? I am not a bass guitar or guitar player to really know which note to move around and stuff, but I am using Sonar 6.

You don't want to go down an OCTAVE. :eek:

Bring it down a semi-tone or a tone at a time until you find a comfortable key.

Rami is right . . . just drop it a couple of semitones at a time until you find the right key for you. Altitude is also right . . . leave the drums alone.

How you do this depends on how the midi track appears in cubase. If the various parts are all separated you can usually transpose each either on the track header, or by going into midi edit mode, slecting all, and dragging the notes down. You have to go trhough the process for each (non percussion) track.

Sometimes a midi file loads unseparated, i.e. all the channels appear in the one track. You need to either separate these or isolate the drum track and transpose the rest.

Back