kel audio hm 2d

Ridickolas

I notice they're finally selling them, and i know a few members here pre-ordered them, so if you've got one would you mind maybe posting a couple clips or giving a short review because it looks very interesting.

these look very ineresting. the clips on the website sound very good, i put it in my daw and it seems to cut through mixes very weel, especially for $150. Im trying to find more reviews ont hem first before i buy one

I bought one and am very happy with it.
So far I have done some practice voiceovers, that are so horrid in subject and articulation I would be too ashamed to display them, but the mic sounds good on my voice!
There is a nice warmth to the mic, even at quite a distance (4 - 5 feet) that surprises me. This baby has bass.
It is a little woolly in the 300 -350 range when used up close, but it eqs out easily. It takes additive high end eq very nicely similar to a ribbon mic, without sounding shrill.

I recorded violin the other day and acoustic guitar and was very pleased with the results.
I have the HM-1s, but they sound nothing like the HM-2d. The HM-1's have a slight scoop in the low mids that help keep tracks from getting that dreaded mid low buildup and add some room to the sound, where as the HM-2d is a very thick sounding mic that lends a bigness to the sound.

I'll try to post some samples when I get a minute.
Right now the garage is calling to me it needs to be cleaned out.
(funny.. it sounds like my wife)

Tom

Back