Keeping your drums from sliding to China and back

gumplunger

So I was about to go buy one of those drum rugs made for holding your set in place and I figured I'd see what eveyone else is using. I don't have any carpet laying around in the basement or any old rugs that the dog took a shit on and are not in use anymore.

bass drum creep?

Save some some money - go to home depot or a carpet store and pick up a remnant. 5x5 should do for a basic kit.

If you still have bass drum creeping away from you - tie a rope from one bass drum spur looped around the back of your drum stool then back over to the other bass drum spur. The weight of you on the stool should keep the bass drum from getting away from you.

Cheers, Rez

RezN8 said:
Save some some money - go to home depot or a carpet store and pick up a remnant. 5x5 should do for a basic kit.

If you still have bass drum creeping away from you - tie a rope from one bass drum spur looped around the back of your drum stool then back over to the other bass drum spur. The weight of you on the stool should keep the bass drum from getting away from you.

Cheers, Rez

And if not, it'll pull you along right with it.

:)

A friend of mine usually tilt the drum a bit up on the front side so that the backhead is pointing sligthly down to the floor. he does this by raising the front "legs" of the kick drum, and this keeps his kit in palce.

He did the same to the kit in my studio and so far the drums have stayed in one place, and you also get a firmer and stronger kick.

hope it helps

If you dont mind having a few holes in your floor, Slingerland makes anchors that have a couple of pins that you sort of nail into the floor. They are a pain in the ass but they work, I don't recomend them if you are playing in your living room and have nice hardwood floors.

Nakatira said:
A friend of mine usually tilt the drum a bit up on the front side so that the backhead is pointing sligthly down to the floor. he does this by raising the front "legs" of the kick drum, and this keeps his kit in palce.

He did the same to the kit in my studio and so far the drums have stayed in one place, and you also get a firmer and stronger kick.

hope it helps

You should have the kick drum raised like that anyway. Increses the drums resonance and tone. Looks really cool and helps keep the drum in place.

get some sticky back velcro and stick the "hard" side to the bottom of your kick pedal, then the pedal will hold the kick in place.
You'll still need a carpet but yea, carpet is carpet, get it cheep.

Back