Keep on groovin' (lots of new clips)

Fuzznut

Searcher
I recently got hold on an used RME hammerfall dsp multiface audio interface and this thing sure is a huge upgrade from m-audio delta 44. We're still experimenting with all kinds of mixing & mastering techniques, so the material is what it is. Long live homestudios! :p

Here's some new clips from our band, Indigo Revival

Poncho the Mexican UFO
this's an odd track because I was getting freaky noises from my uni-vibe when I turned my strat towards the amp.

Restless Wind
the mystery sounds strikes again, but now with a meaning.. or is it just jazz?

Bulldog Blues
the name says it all.

Little Wing (Jimi Hendrix cover)

Can't Afford
here we were jamming the apprentice theme song first and then it somehow transformed into this tune, don't ask me how lol

King Without a Crown (Matisyahu cover)

From Kingston to London
it's sunny in Finland too, summer is finally coming here :cool:

I hope you guys enjoy the clips.

Sounds good. Seems like it might be recorded a little hot. Like everything's on the verge of overloading. But nice sounds and grooved. Good drum sound.

King Without a Crown.....It is the cool sound of a Live Jam...I love that sound better than any studio sound in the world!! :cool: Nice Hendrix flavoured licks and tones. I love the progressive cymbal playing. Great use of something almost forgotten in todays music!!

So Fuzz, you were talking about your Strat. You are Rami then? I had never known a Rami before...now I know 2...one is RAMI, the other is Rami. :D

Little Wing.....Man, the memories just started flowing. Hendrix had a tone of magic. Good job on your version! :)

Bulldog eyes....Nice funky bluesy Hendrix toned thingy!!!

Thanks for listening, I really appreciate your comments.

Here's some info. The drums were recorded with four mics, guitar cabs with two mics, all plugged into Soundcraft Spirit M8 mixer.

Overhead: Oktava mk012 (+ Behringer MIC100 tube preamp with NOS Mullard 12ax7 :p)
Snare: Shure SM57
Kick: Audio technica pro25
Floor tom: Shure SM58 (didn't have anything else to put there lol)

Me & brothers gear: Two low tuned Stratocasters, 1968 Marshall Plexi Super Bass, 1971 Marshall Super Bass 100w, two 1969 Marshall Basketweave 4x12 cabs and various fuzz and effect pedals. Cabs were recorded with one Shure SM57 on each.

PS. yes, my name is Rami, didn't know there was another with the same name. Hello to you! :)

Back