keep doubting myself

ax2x3m

could someone give me some advice, i tend to get excited the first time i write a song then, the next day when i try to continue it, im kinda disappointed of the output and kinda lose interest

does this happen to you as well? how should i go about this problem?

ax2x3m said:
could someone give me some advice, i tend to get excited the first time i write a song then, the next day when i try to continue it, im kinda disappointed of the output and kinda lose interest

does this happen to you as well? how should i go about this problem?

Ah, yes, the old "I got drunk and woke up next to a fat girl/guy" syndrome. Very common with both songwriting and recording. You know, they say, "writing is re-writing." I don't say that, but "they" certainly do. I would say, if you have a good idea for a song, stick with it, even if you abandon many musical and lyrical ideas in the process. Seek out the core of the idea and let it grow...er, something like that. Good luck. :)

That's only human - if you had unshakeable confidence I bet you'd be a terrible songwriter. Like scrubs said, writing is rewriting - if on the day after you only keep 20% of what you thought was great the day before, you are making good progress.

Writing good songs takes MUCH more work than most people realise.

Don't give up, and don't be afraid to post half done stuff in this forum - we're very friendlly in here :)

Could be you get such an adrenalin rush at the time of writing , jamming and such,that the next time you hear it , when your adrenalin is low , you get a feeling of disappointment..course if you've been tweakin,or playin in the herbs.......
seriously though, I think that adrenalin rush is a part of writing good stuff..unfortunately it can work in reverse.....I keep everything I do..you never know.... :)

true-eurt said:
Could be you get such an adrenalin rush at the time of writing , jamming and such,that the next time you hear it , when your adrenalin is low , you get a feeling of disappointment..course if you've been tweakin,or playin in the herbs.......
seriously though, I think that adrenalin rush is a part of writing good stuff..unfortunately it can work in reverse.....I keep everything I do..you never know.... :)
You keep all that geetar playing? :eek:

true-eurt said:
Yeah...I figure one day I can sell it as a secret weapon .......... :D
CIA Man #1: Hey, what you got there?

CIA Man #2: I'm not too sure, this crazy chick sold it to me. I played it and killed a bunch of carrier pigeons flying over me a bit ago. It may be useful...

CIA Man #1: Duuude....

Rokket said:
CIA Man #1: Hey, what you got there?

CIA Man #2: I'm not too sure, this crazy chick sold it to me. I played it and killed a bunch of carrier pigeons flying over me a bit ago. It may be useful...

CIA Man #1: Duuude....
Bwaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaa...hey Rokket theres a secret agent song in the making.....your good.... ;)

Back