Kaotica Eyeball - Microphone Isolation

HeavyNoise

The Kaotica Eyeball microphone isolation chamber was designed with a do it yourself ingenuity to give any vocalist the chance to produce studio quality recordings without having to record inside an isolation booth. The Eyeball is a foam sphere that slips over the microphone isolating the recording device from poor acoustics. Within the Eyeball is a channel that focuses your voice into the microphone which is located inside the sphere behind a pop filter.

The device's strength is the ability to channel every sound directed at it into the microphone without any negative effects from poor acoustics. This is a perfect device for home recording if you do not want to sound proof an entire room just to produce a professional sounding recording. Instead, use the Eyeball to acoustically isolate the microphone from an acoustically imperfect environment to get the most out of the sounds that are being directed into the device.

Using the Eyeball would be an easy adjustment for any musician. The pop filter perfectly eliminates any hisses, clicks, or pops that may turn up in a recording. I can see this recording apparatus being most useful in do-it-yourself situations in professional studios, basements and jam spaces everywhere where there is the will and spirit to produce focused, detailed, and thick sounding recordings.

I am not convinced, however I love the photo on the web site LOL.

I am trying to work out if this is spam (you work for them) or not.

Alan.

One review I googled indicated it was like 'singing into a bucket'! There are a bunch of youtube demos if anyone wants to bother. :p

I do not work for them. It's funny people don't ask if I play for Black Sabbath if I post a positive review of their newest album yet if I post a positive gear review I all of a sudden work for them :laughings:

I do not work for them. It's funny people don't ask if I play for Black Sabbath if I post a positive review of their newest album yet if I post a positive gear review I all of a sudden work for them :laughings:

Sorry, but your 'review' sounds like marketing hype, not like you used it at all.

Bump.

Anyone tried this since?

kaoticaeyeball

Youtube videos make it seem like it adds a lot of bass, and makes P's more poppy.

It seems to me it would work best in a quiet environment that has a few acoustical problems, not a really noisy or reverberant space like they demonstrated. And I'd still want my own pop filter in front of it anyway.

The wife thinks it would be a good alternative to treating the room.;) :facepalm:

Sorry, but your 'review' sounds like marketing hype, not like you used it at all.

Old thread but I couldn't resist. Yes, it's a shill post. Here's a post from "Noisey" in the same time frame on gearslutz. Noisey joined just to post this and never posted again.

Maximum stars.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/reviews/845167-kaotica-eyeball.html

They wrote:

"Kaotica Eyeball
The Kaotica Eyeball microphone isolation chamber was designed with a do it yourself ingenuity to give any vocalist the chance to produce studio quality recordings without having to record inside an isolation booth. The Eyeball is a foam sphere that slips over the microphone isolating the recording device from poor acoustics. Within the Eyeball is a channel that focuses your voice into the microphone which is located inside the sphere behind a pop filter. The device's strength is the ability to channel every sound directed at it into the microphone without any negative effects from poor acoustics. This is a perfect device for home recording if you do not want to sound proof an entire room just to produce a professional sounding recording. Instead, use the Eyeball to acoustically isolate the microphone from an acoustically imperfect environment to get the most out of the sounds that are being directed into the device. I can see this recording apparatus being most useful in do it yourself situations in basements and jam spaces everywhere where there is the will and spirit to produce focused, detailed, and thick sounding vocals."

And this is what he/she wrote in order to start this thread:

"The Kaotica Eyeball microphone isolation chamber was designed with a do it yourself ingenuity to give any vocalist the chance to produce studio quality recordings without having to record inside an isolation booth. The Eyeball is a foam sphere that slips over the microphone isolating the recording device from poor acoustics. Within the Eyeball is a channel that focuses your voice into the microphone which is located inside the sphere behind a pop filter.

The device's strength is the ability to channel every sound directed at it into the microphone without any negative effects from poor acoustics. This is a perfect device for home recording if you do not want to sound proof an entire room just to produce a professional sounding recording. Instead, use the Eyeball to acoustically isolate the microphone from an acoustically imperfect environment to get the most out of the sounds that are being directed into the device.

Using the Eyeball would be an easy adjustment for any musician. The pop filter perfectly eliminates any hisses, clicks, or pops that may turn up in a recording. I can see this recording apparatus being most useful in do-it-yourself situations in professional studios, basements and jam spaces everywhere where there is the will and spirit to produce focused, detailed, and thick sounding recordings."

Not only are they both thinly veiled cut & pastes from the Kaotica promo material, but they were the first post on a site that they basically never returned to participate in. Gearslutz quite literally and this site after a month and three subsequent posts with little content.

Oh, and while it's not anything on it's own, heavynoise must have been conscience stricken to put Canada as their home. Guess where Kaotica is located?

Can I prove they are an employee? No. But their lame phony contributions to the subject certainly are outright shilling for Kaotica. Wonder where else they did the same?

BTW, I have no dog in this race, no affiliation with any manufacturer or audio company. I even thought the Eyeball was an interest worthy product, but no thanks, I'll pass thanks to this marketing campaign.

Back