JV 1010 tuning, pitch

keybunk

Does the JV-1010 have a tuning feature? i.e., the ability to tune the pitch from 440.0 to 440.2 or 439.6, etc?

Also, does the JV 1010 respond to the controller's pitch wheel, if so - can it be set to a 1/2 step up / down? i.e., roll the pitch wheel full up = 1/2 step up, likewise for down...?

Thanks.

I know you can tune it... It's pressing in the knob/buttons on the front panel and turnin the last knob to tune. Should tell you where the tune function is on the top of the unit. It's in the manual somewhere if that's not clear enough.

As far as the half pitch bend... I doubt it... Also it would probably be something you would have to setup in each program/sound. That would mean using the software that came with the unit to reprogram a patch or make a new one.

Hope that helps...

Thanx, LAZI!!! I've been trying to get this figured out, it will make a big difference on whether I buy one of these and whether I can use it onstage.

Press 'volume' knob in and hold;
Press 'value' knob in. Release both. You can now access the tuner by switching the 'category/bank' knob to 'Preset B.' You get out of the parameter change mode by pressing in the 'volume' knob again, holding it, and then pressing in the 'value' knob again. You can also set the reverb and/or chorus this way, just by using different 'preset' knobs while you are in the mod mode.

Is that clear as mud?

:cool:

Thanx, folks!!!

Hey - I've heard that some guys who gig with these JV1010's have had them freeze up (i.e. stop responding to any midi info) during a song... yikes!!!!

Do you guys gig with them, or do studio stuff...? Ever have this problem?

Thx for the info BTW.

I do studio stuff with mines... I have had it to just stop responding to midi once or twice. This is the second on I've have and it is only about a year old...

The only problem I ever had with mine was trying to get OMS, or whatever it is called, to recognize the 1010. I have yet to find one, ONE Mac user who has successfully used OMS with the 1010. It supposedly has a driver for the 1080, but that doesn't do a lot of good for me. So, using Cubasis, I set all the Control and Program changes within Cubasis. No other problems so far, but I can't help but wonder if there is an easier way.

Back