Justify my love.

sludgehammer

I went into the store to buy guitar strings. I walked out with a Rickenbaker bass. Should i feel guilty? It did have strings on it... right?

It's sweeeeeet. I haven't had a chance to try the special double output jack thingy yet but it sounds great through my frankenstien bass rig. Traynor head, Fender Cab with 2 15" speakers. I want to try running it through my Big Muff pedal too but I'm afraid that I'll be posessed by the spirit of Lemmy.

NEVER I repeat, NEVER feel guilty about comming home with a Rickenbacker. I have a 4001 stereo bass and it is the shit. Besides, one can never have enough guitars can one.

Glad to hear that. Since you've got one maybe you can answer a question? Depending on which input jack you're using, will one of the pickup selections not work. Is that normal or do I have a loose wire somwhere. I think it's the way it's supposed to be and I just need a split stereo cable but I'm not sure.
This is my first Bass purchase. I've got a bunch of guitars. I'm afraid I've opened another floodgate. And, just for the record, I'm letting Lemmy in.

Never mind the input question, I went to the Ricky web page and found out myself. Whew, thought I was screwed there for a second. Anyways, I've had a chance to jam with it a few times now and it sounds awesome. It has a bit of a sharp edge on the body and I think I might cut my forearm in half but it's a small price to pay. I'll just have to learn to hit the strings with the pick instead of randomly bludgeoning the body with my extremities.

I know how you feel. I wanted one for a long time. Then I finally broke down and decided to finance it. I'll be paying for it for a year. It's worth it though. Get one!

GUILT. YES, YOU MUST FEEL GUILT.

That's because I don't have one, of course.

Nice move. Wish I had the canoges to do that.

Oh, don't you worry. Guilt has been felt. When I got it I was out getting breakfast for my (sick with the flu) girlfriend. I happened to drive by the music store and the rest is history. When I got home she was up watching TV. "Oh, hi honey, here's your egg mc muffin... what's this?.... ummm... nothing... I'm just.... ummm.... bringing my guitar back from the... uhhh.... shop... yeah, that's it, bringing my guitar back from the, uhh, ....shop. Can you see it? ....uhhh, .... please don't kill me..." I may have misled her as to how much it cost. Yes, I feel guilt. Bought her a puppy today that'll probably use Ricky as a chew toy.

I've got the 4002 stereo, love it!!

Found it in the classified under guns and ammo.

It's black and white, beautiful, will never part!!

Hey Track Rat, I think the 4001 is a rare model. Have you looked into it's worth?

Even the name sounds cool "Rickenbacker"

Back