Just upgraded monitors!

Fireal402

Eyeballs! OH MY GOD EYES
For the last few years, I've been using a pretty poor set of monitor speakers. All of my other equipment is pretty good (RME 9652, Soundcraft Digital 328 mixer, good PC, tons of guitars, etc.), so it's been the only thing that's been holding back my mixes. I can't really describe how frustrating it is to have no bass and a colored sound, when you know your gear is so much better than that.

Well, I finally made the plunge and upgraded to the Blue Sky ProDesk 2.1. Wow is all I can say. I would say I have a very good ear, and within the first 2 minutes of listening I could see ALL of the flaws in my mixes, and I knew exactly how to fix them! This saves me SO much time, as I can hear every little detail now. And the speakers themselves? Look good, don't take up a lot of space, and just rock.

I was also looking into the Sky 2.1, but with my sized room, I didn't need a 12" sub. The cool thing about choosing the cheaper system? According to Blue Sky, the only difference is in power output, NOT sound. It's a great feeling when you find something that is truly worth the money you spent on it.

Back