Just started

Twitch

Hey everyone,
I just started with pc recording on my own, I have worked with other softwares like radar, logic and others.. but that was at my friends studio so I really don't know their soundcard and so forth I bought a PC with SB live 5.1 , I haven't decided on what I should get ( please suggest a good soundcard in the meantime), when I was just goofing around with my softwares ( I have acid pro 4.0, music creator 2004, homestudio 2004 xl, guitar tracks pro 2.0) my friends upgrade so they give they stuff (all brand new and registered legally) I have my own digital standalone hardware studio ( which is very good stuff along with analog gear, I really love my massive passive q baby). okay when I tried to record some stupid stuff just to get a feel all I got was distortion and very low low levels, I have hooked everything up thru a preamp(avalon pre) and stuff, but I personally think I spend too much time looking at a screen than actually recording.. But I wanna give this pc recording(mainly used for editing a try) I assume it's the soundcard correct? can someone break this down for me? Why is there distortion even though the soundcard records at 16bit? however I do have my eyes on 2 delta 1010s

maybe consider twitch a delta sound card or if your rich rme or lynx.
deltas are very good for the bucks though.
it was a time back and i tried music creator , but for me i found i liked magix music studio better. seemed to be more audio track based which i liked.
you should be able to get SOMETHING decent out of a live. hers an idea ,
there are some real good folks over on the powertracks forum at pgmusic.com(i use both magix and powertracks great combo imho)
who know the live inside out way more than i do.
you might ask there. also look in the sound card applet or in windows volume applet and make sure the line in of the live your coming into is not "boosted"
thus distortion. if you see the windows fader up to max - pull it back.
also make SURE your NOT GOING INTO THE MIC input of the live. ive seen people make this mistake.
eg mic>>>>mic preamp>>LINE INPUT of live sound card.
hope this helps.

Back