Just Put Out A New EP I would love feedback

Hallucinating could be shortened quite a bit, but I like the hook and instrumental mid section. Production is good, nice balance and not brick-walled. Following. :)

Thanks pinky! Yeah it is a pretty long song but I like the jammyness of it. Making it shorter probably would make it a little more single friendly though.

Thanks pinky! Yeah it is a pretty long song but I like the jammyness of it. Making it shorter probably would make it a little more single friendly though.

I listened to all the tracks during breakfast, it's definitely your strongest and coincidentally most mainstream / accessible track. It wouldn't ruin the song to ditch a chorus or two, and maybe halve the instrumental section, in lieu of fitting it in the typical 3 minute single window. Getting someone to listen to almost 5 minutes of jam (as you describe it) might be expecting too much. Include both versions on any future releases.

I've managed to get many of my tracks to average around 3 minutes, and not intentionally. They also border on what I would describe as accessible prog/alternative. You might be surprised how succinctly you say what you need musically and lyrically when you condense things properly (cut the repeating phrases, repetitive choruses, etc). Get in, get out. Your listener usually rewards you! If they want more, they'll play it again and again without fatigue. lol

I've managed to get many of my tracks to average around 3 minutes, and not intentionally.

Almost all of my songs clock in right around 3 minutes. I don't intend for it to be that way, but I'm glad it just happens.

|It doesn't sound very math-rocky to me. According to my 22-year-old junior technician, math rock is a quite djent-style metal, where the musical intervals and rhythms are designed to be non-repeating and extremely difficult to get a grasp upon. Is that a different genre?

The time signature thing is spot on. Math rock isn't usually djent like. Some good artists in the genre are Hella, Don Caballero, Battles, and Girraffes? Giraffes!. I suppose it isn't full on math but we love to throw in odd time signatures and that comes from our math rock influences.

Lol, you are in waaay over your head here BP! :D

You're so right. :D The lad used to regale me with metal of every type and flavour, not just playing it in the lab but describing it all to me in immense detail. :mad: Between that and his endless wittering about competition-level Pokémon card playing, I might be forgiven for switching off for the odd hour. :laughings:

I've obviously got muddled up somewhere. Silly old Bubba! :D

Back