just purchased the MOTU 2408 MkII

BLISS

I just purchased the MOTU 2408MkII Audio system, now how will this help me in recording.

My BRC/ADAT works correctly
My Cubase tracks are done in MIDI
(BRC/ADAT connected to MOTU XT is of by 10 minutes but it still locks)

So will this piece help me record my midi tracks to ADAT and lock my Cubase up to everything else via WORDCLOCK ?, I bought it hoping this will help me SYNCH---LOCK---everything together in time
BRC/ADAT---CUBASE (00:00:00:00) that thingy
and will I be able to route my tracks to ADAT using this. --------- I think it will but any other advice will be greatly appreciated

BLISS,

VERY Nice unit, there. I own a MKI. You should be able to Synch everything to ADAT clock. There should be some documentation that MOTU included on how to do that over lightpipe.

--Kev

kevjkelly: yeah man, I hooked it up, placed the PCI card. I'm not one to jump the gun, I like read before I start turning on stuff.

But the simplistics are taken care of,I purchased the lightpipe/optical cables, but I'm figuring if I get another 9 pin cable, that will go straight from my 2nd ADAT directly to the PCI-324 card ADAT Synch In
and complete the systematic set-up, but I hear the lightpipe connection is better, WELL I'm still reading -- I'll have it by WEDNESDAY. It's cool to read something and it specifies EXACTLY what you have.

BRC/ADAT ---MXPXT---MOTU2408---Cubase --

All connected synching together in harmony
it makes it easier on the brain to get a mental picture and figure it out when it's exact

Back