Just picked up a Yamaha TX802...

Sailjunkie

for $150.00. This is the rack version of the DX7II FD. I noticed on a couple of the presets that notes drop out while I am playing. It's difficult to describe, but I am wondering if it has to do with the aftertouch. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset to see if that might reset the presets also. Anyone familiar with this unit care to comment?

I bought one cheap a few years back and it is in my rack...when I have used this I hadnt had any trouble...what are you using as a controller?

I'm using...

a Roland XP 10 (which has also controlled several other modules over the years). I doubt that IT is the problem, but maybe...

for $150.00. This is the rack version of the DX7II FD. I noticed on a couple of the presets that notes drop out while I am playing. It's difficult to describe, but I am wondering if it has to do with the aftertouch. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset to see if that might reset the presets also. Anyone familiar with this unit care to comment?

You need to check the manual on the section on "linked tone generators". This is normal btw, the TX802 has 32 voices that can be allocated over the 8 channels however you want and that is probably what you are seeing

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/synth/TX802E.PDF

Back