Just Piano and Vocals....

amra

Ok, this is a cover of Sarah Mclachlan's "Angel" performed by of course by a female vocalist. My sole involvement was the recording of the vocals and mixing.
"Angel" 192Kbps MP3

This was the first take. Subsequent takes after that never captured the same emotion.

What do you think of the vocalist? Any potential there for a singing/recording career? Any comments on the production values always welcome, as well!

It's hard to really judge from one take but....

I think the lady has a good voice.

For this particular song, she needs to work on those high notes a bit to get some more power in them (in the chorus). They faded off a bit.

It does depend though on the singer's range and the key of the song. As Simon Cowell would say - "It's all in the song choice" ....

I think she has very good potential though. Her voice has a nice airy quality to it. I'd like to hear her belt one out too to see what she has there...

Singing / Recording career - again there is good potential there...

Recording came out really nice in my humble opinion.

:D:):D:)

I think she is quite good with some real potential. As noted, she has some slight trailing off at the higher registers.

The recording.. The piano is far too loud for the singer. Additionally, you need to rein in some of the low end.

Thanks for sharing...:)

She's not pitchey so I think she has potential. She doesn't breath all that well and when she slips into the falsetto on the high notes she doesn't commit herself. Otherwise, if she she learns how big a breath to take and starts to sing from her diaphram she'll do very well. Nice voice and her vibrato will get better as she gets older.

The recording had a boomy roomy sound and I didn't care for the strings lurking like some monster in the background. However, for one take, it's probably better than I could do.:o

Back