Just making a typical "djent" song for fun

ianopie

A song I did (bored) last sunday, so I called my friend that is a drummer and we did this . It's nothing especially original. Any comments regarding anything (good or bad) are welcome. Thx!

The beater smack on that kick is way out of control. That's gotta go man, either do some serious EQ on it or find a different sample altogether. It's dominating the mix anyways and needs to come down quite a bit.

There is some overall compression pumping, more than likely driven by that overloud kick.

I don't hear any bass guitar in here, other than the occasional low end during the bass drops and a little in what I assume is the song's chorus.

Once you tame the kick and post a remix, we might be able to tell more about the rest of the mix. For now, that's a deal-breaker.

yeah dude, tame the kick. It's taking over the whole song and I can't listen to all of it. Sounds like it could be a cool tune, but......

Needs more bass and/or low-end on the guitar. The cymbals are completely washed out and have no attack. The snare as buried and lacks punch.
The kick's a tad loud (it is Djent though)

The weird effects and swells throughout are pretty cool. Most metalcore gets pretty samey sounding, so I really recommend playing those aspects up.

Agree with the comments, already provided, could be a cool song, but the plastic kick is killing everything. Once that is tamed, you will find room on the bottom for filling. The instruments you have when opened up I would think would fill the space.

Agree with the previous comments about the kick, bring that down. I think that will completely change the sound, for the better though.

Don't be afraid to turn that bass up. You want it to be nasty and low, so get that kick some low end and turn up the bass guitar

I guess sometimes the "throw together" tracks really work out. I really like this.

Well, aside from THAT DAMN KICK. I really like this. There is a lot of good grooves and good melody happening in here. It might be partly the effect of the MASSIVELY clicky kick, but most of the other elements seem to lack definition. The bass and the other kit pieces in particular could benefit from teasing out a good amount of attack. Bass mostly. The rest of the kit might actually be okay, but I can't tell because of the FREAKING KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK KICK...

Back