Just in from Holland....

Splicit

We just received a fresh shipment of RMGI SM911 1/2" x 2500' on aluminum reel. Priced at $61.99. RMGI LPR35 1/4" x 1800' on black plastic reel priced at $14.99.
We are doing our best to keep the prices down for you.

Thanks,
Teresa
Splicit Reel Audio Products

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm not sure what the rules are like when you're a distributor for RMGI or how it is when selling this stuff on eBay but from what I've seen, you should attach EMTEC and BASF to your listings, both in the title and description.

Technically, RMGI is the same quality stuff as EMTEC / BASF but most people, who know not of RMGI, know EMTEC / BASF very well. It's a shame to lose sales on a technicality.

Within your description you should also educate the potential buyer on the benefits of buying fresh RMGI stock and staying away from potential bad batches of backcoated Ampex tape, whether new-old-stock or used.

It also wouldn't hurt to say RMGI outspecs Quantegy equivalents.

Just something I thought I'd throw in. :)

You might want to try something like this, in your title, under it and description:

RMGI SM911 1/2" X 2500' REEL QUANTEGY EMTEC BASF NEW
AUTHORIZED DEALER. FAST SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.

BRAND NEW RMGI SM911 1/2" X 2500' TAPE ON 10.5" METAL REEL

Product Direct replacement for Quantegy 456.

RMGI is currently producing the highly regarded EMTEC / BASF formulations.​

[...here, you may want to talk about sticky shed backcoated NOS and used Ampex tapes etc .....]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is a method to the madness and the above would work better than what you currently have listed on eBay.

Please don't get insulted 'cause I'm just trying to get you more sales.

~Daniel ;)

Last edited:
Daniel...absolutely no offense taken!! Thanks so much for your input. I like your ad description very much. The really sad truth of it is that as RMGI dealers we are required to stock all of this tape and it's quite an investment. Now here we are "sitting on it" because the pricing is so high. We've actually dropped our prices to the point of just barely covering costs. Having tape in our inventory is more of a convenience for the customer than a necessity. We arent as big and mighty as some companies but we pride ourselves on not pricing gouging and providing great customer service with a personal touch. Thanks again for your input about the wording....I'll make good use of it.

Teresa
Splicit Reel Audio Products
www.splicit.com

I absolutely understand your postition and especially the pricing issue but at the same time I truly believe that a marketing strategy, such as through the above examples, is critical to at least ease some of the shortcomings of an RMGI distributor and also position yourself (and RMGI) out-there, with the best of 'em.

Best of luck to you and I do hope you'll use some of the suggestions here. :)

Oh, btw, the inclusion of "QUANTEGY" in the subject title is for key word purposes 'cause a lot of people put in "Quantegy" as a search term.

Yeah, your auctions are worded much better now. :)

Now, I don't mean to be a pain in the ass but you really need to put the type of tape on offer, in your auction title, such as SM911, SM900, LPR35 or whatever, in addition to the other stuff. Some of your listings don't have that and it's essential.

Thanks for not hitting me over the head with a wooden rolling pin! :eek: :D :p :o ;)

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 13
Back