Just got my Vox VR30.....

clinton

I'm either mad or both
Hi All

Got a vox vr30 on a clearance sale and I'm loving this amp.
The clean channel is really responsive to the ammount of channel volume you dial in to.When the channel volume is about a quarter or so the amp is crystal clean and has a distinctive vox treble jangle.As you increase the channel volume the sound becomes thicker and warmer. Increase it more and the sound starts breaking up nicely until u finally have have a crunch distortion with the unmistakable vox chime.

I had the pleasure of playing an AC30 and a AD30VT for about 4 hours the same day I bought my vr30 and I can honestly say that for me the VR30 blew the AD30VT out the water TONE WISE. It was just so much more responsive to the way I play guitar.

As for the AC30....well of course it didnt match it...it's an ac30 for goodness sake....BUT the legendary vox sound is still there with the VR30 and for the price I think it is an excellent buy for any studio.

Oh and you can also plug the VR30 into a 4x12 cabnet for extra live volume.

I think in the future I will replace the tube with a JJ or something more classy and also replace the speaker with a alnico or a blue pup.

vOX have discontinued this model so if you can still find one then I suggest really testing it for yourself and you will be surprised...as I was.

I own one too, I love the clean channel with a les paul or a strat. Haven't played a tele on it yet, but I'm sure it will still sond great. Great amp for a great price especially for a 30 watt combo. I would love to hook it up to a 2 x 12' just because the wharefedale that comes stock isn't the greatest. But in this amp's class, I'd give it about a 8/10 for a 30 watt combo with a preamp tube and reverb. Not bad!

the guitarist in my big band uses one.

lots of presence without being overpowering until he's soloing, when a bit o' extra volume from the guitar gives him a really nice tone.

i have every intention of nicking it for a day or three next time i've got to put some guitar tracks down for my ambient/rock band :)

Andy

Back