just got cubase 5 but 1 problem

D40-Oz

hey i just got cubase 5 but i got 1 problem, i want to right click my recording and go to the pitch shifter.... but everytime i right click this rectangular box shows up with these little squares giveing me choices to cut, mute ect.
i how do i change that so i can get to the pitch shifter and other things??
like say is i wanted to copy the wav file and paste it with useing my mouse... and not the keyboard

if someone could tell me how to do this , you would be my hero! :)

Hi

This is a new feature in cubase 5. You can go back to the cubase 4 way under Preferences.

In Cubase 4 the toolbox opens when you click on an event and then right-click.

Cubase 5 does it differently and you need, after you've clicked the event, to hold down CTRL and then right click. This is what cumbersome, especially if you apply the Cubase 4 method because you get a different menu.

You can get the operation back however as in Cubase 4 by going to Preferences / Edit / Tools, Popup toolbox on right click off and then on Apply and OK.

Cheers

Wim

thanx Wim Vam

Hi Wim Vam

thank you for the details very helpfull i ve been wondering how to fix that prob for a while now i searched every where didnt find any help untill your answer here

thank you once again

Hi

This is a new feature in cubase 5. You can go back to the cubase 4 way under Preferences.

In Cubase 4 the toolbox opens when you click on an event and then right-click.

Cubase 5 does it differently and you need, after you've clicked the event, to hold down CTRL and then right click. This is what cumbersome, especially if you apply the Cubase 4 method because you get a different menu.

You can get the operation back however as in Cubase 4 by going to Preferences / Edit / Tools, Popup toolbox on right click off and then on Apply and OK.

Cheers

Wim

Thank you so much for the nice explained error

i have a simillier problem which i fixed one part of it now by reading this post
now other problem is.... when ever i move the MOUSE arrrow if follows it 2 lines so weird like a cross when on CUABSE 5 project loaded
i am not sure how to get rid of those 2 lines so annoying and confusing
please help

thank you all

Mute X to mouse pointer

Thank you so much for the nice explained error

i have a simillier problem which i fixed one part of it now by reading this post
now other problem is.... when ever i move the MOUSE arrrow if follows it 2 lines so weird like a cross when on CUABSE 5 project loaded
i am not sure how to get rid of those 2 lines so annoying and confusing
please help

thank you all

Just right click and select the "arrow pointer"... (the cross which you are talking about is the mute function)

Back