just got a "new" amp

Tim Walker

Kitty Hawk combo from around 1988. This thing rocks! Killer tone. Heavy as hell. I'm looking forward to recording with this amp. I have a couple of Bedrock heads that sound great, especially loud, but they have too much of a rock tone. The Kitty Hawk sounds great at a lower volume, plus it's closer to the blues tone that I have been seeking for some time now.

Just thought I would share!

tim

Tim Walker said:
Kitty Hawk combo from around 1988. This thing rocks! Killer tone. Heavy as hell. I'm looking forward to recording with this amp. I have a couple of Bedrock heads that sound great, especially loud, but they have too much of a rock tone. The Kitty Hawk sounds great at a lower volume, plus it's closer to the blues tone that I have been seeking for some time now.

Just thought I would share!

tim

Just hope nothing goes wrong, the board is made of PAPER. I thought my Kittyhawk M5 was pretty neat too until I found this out. The thing was weird, it worked like the weather.

hungovermorning said:
Just hope nothing goes wrong, the board is made of PAPER. I thought my Kittyhawk M5 was pretty neat too until I found this out. The thing was weird, it worked like the weather.

So far I have no complaints. If I gig with it, I have a GK250ml I can use as a backup.

This is the M1. Not sure if the board is made any different. What year was your amp made?

tim

i remember, once upon a time, Reb Beach of Winger fame, touting this amp.....

maybe, he had an early 'midi-controlled' version or something...

i've always wanted to try one...

Back