just curious

freshlysqueezed

Since producers in rap are generally African American, I was just wondering if anyone here comes from a different ethnicity. In recent times though, that seems to be changing as many different kinds of people are either blending hip hop with other generes or just dabbling in the genre itself.

Let me get the ball rolling. I myself am Hispanic(American born from Cuban parents).

White guy here.. my family got here in 1607 at Jamestown (from England).. poor since we started... :o

May come as a surprise, but both me and D-Animals are white. (mixed a little) :eek: Well, D-Animals is mixed with spanish. Don't let that fool you... ;) Lets get more Scott Storch cats. :p

BeatsBuY said:
May come as a surprise, but both me and D-Animals are white. (mixed a little) :eek: Well, D-Animals is mixed with spanish. Don't let that fool you... ;) Lets get more Scott Storch cats. :p

Now people, don't take this as racism, PAHLEEEZE... but

I used to worry about people taking me seriously in Hip Hop, because I'm white (and I have met, and faced adversity with this game, in the past)----(which is exactly how I overcame that)...

Other than Storch and Shady, I never hear about white hip hop producers... Right on...

lol... okay.. flame away..but...

I'd die for my true peeps, regardless of their race...

Last edited:
peritus said:
White guy here.. my family got here in 1607 at Jamestown (from England).. poor since we started... :o

I should revise this.. poor until a couple generations ago... Now we're captive suburbanites... Which is torturous on your mind just like anything else... Rich or poor, living your life is pretty difficult.. period.. Buddha said "all is suffering" (paraphrasing)....

There are only 2 kinds of producers. those who can and those who are trying to. I done heard some heat from all races. it goes with the hihop concept come as you are but bring some flavor. so dont feel left out whatever color you are all i wanna know about you is how your music sounds and what you doing to make it better

When it's all said and done, if you make good music...no one should give a fuck what color you are. I think now it's not being looked at as "the white man is trying to take over what is ours" (quote from a homeboy back in the day). Me personally, I've done tracks with anybody and when I've mentored people on shit, I don't care what color you are. Like 20/20 said, I've heard heat from just about every race you could think of. It's all about mindset, ambition, drive, and talent.

This is just like people who talk shit about Cowboy Troy or Charlie Pride saying that they shouldn't do country music. Me personally, I don't listen to country much but I can respect it as a genre and listen to it with an open ear if it's presented to me....you never know, you might just learn something new that takes your music to the next level.

Trust me, I used to hear bullshit a lot because of the chicks I used to date. I just didn't give a damn back then and I still don't.

Ya, I forgot about Rick Rubin! He made some crazy beats!

But, naw like said no one should worry about the race. If you got the heat you got it... Hip Hop is universal...

Back