Just bought this microphone!

Vintage EV's are some of the least sleeper "sleeper" microphones out there.

The one I really have my eye on is the RE-38, but it's impossible to find, and if you go to coutant, the 38 has an unbelievable crispiness to it in neutral.

The 664, I don't have much experience with, but they sound nice on coutant.

Oooh. I didn't look too closely at that listing. Why don't you record something, like that guy above me of Frankish descent is suggesting? (DAMN, I love knowing people's real names! Yep. I'm showing off.)

We may have a winner on our hands. I haven't been in this game long enough to experience a magical discovery that drives the price of a microphone up by a few bucks.

Let's see; you were going to buy my 4033a, remember? I called you and got your voicemail, when a name ends in "eau" and sounds like "oh," it's a bit of a dead giveaway. xD

Funny thing, it's been a couple of weeks since I heard from the guy who you were going to let take it. :laughings:

Let's see; you were going to buy my 4033a, remember? I called you and got your voicemail, when a name ends in "eau" and sounds like "oh," it's a bit of a dead giveaway. xD

Funny thing, it's been a couple of weeks since I heard from the guy who you were going to let take it. :laughings:

Well if he doesn't step up to the plate give me a holler .

Might explain the strange shimmering in the air when I was tubing on Winnipesaukee. You have an invisibility cloak!!! Well, at any rate, I'm PMing him and giving him "before I go back to school," roughly a week.

i have one just like it........mine's labled calrad i think..........if your interested in another i'd let it go for very reasonable
i'll have to dig it out and see what kind of shape it's in.

Back