just bought an M2516...

goinpostal

and I need to know how to wire it up for sound.
A DA-88 is in the future for use but for now I just want to know how to hook up my sound equipment so I can play around with her.
The only amp I have is a Peavey two channel guitar/bass amp head and two 2-12" speaker cabs. Otherwise I have a two channel Peavey EQ and six stompboxes.
So what is my best route for hookup with what I have?
I also have DirecTV and I'd like to run the satellite converter box through the mixer/amp so I can have a "surround sound". Best way for this hookup?
Thanks to all.

With that collection of gear I have no idea what you are trying to do, you cannot use a guitar / bass amp with 2 12" speakers as monitors, well you can but it will sound like sh*t, and where do stomp boxes fit in to the picture, they are for guitar sounds. You won't get surround sound from the M2516.
Find the manual and all will be explained. By the way the manual for the M2516 is very informative.

Alan.

Hey,
I just got a 2516 as well and I am using it with my Fostex B16. I would like to find a Manual for the M-2516 but so far I am coming along with the board ok but if anyone out there knows where I can download one please let me know. I have all Manuals for the B16 including Schematics.

I've had the M2516 for a few years now and I love it. Never let me down. It is a very flexible mixer and the MIDI "scene" control is awesome for muting/soloing tracks on the fly. As long as you aren't needing more than 16 tracks, it will pretty much take what you can throw at it. Buss groupings, send/return, direct outs, etc. Great board.

Guys I just picked up a 2524 very cheap. The first thing I noticed is it has a sort of dark, bassy sound compared to other mixers Ive worked on. So much so that my first eq move was to cut bass on some channels. How do you brighten this thing up. Its not a bad or murky sound just a little dark for me. Ive only had it 3 days, but its a one owner from a video-post studio and its in pristene condition, no mechanical or electrical problems at all. Everything functions as it should. I already have some decent outboard pre amps so thats not an issue. I use it primarily for mixing; drum module , some tape tracks, 8 output hardware sampler, 3 synth modules, and lots of efffects returns.

The first thing I noticed is it has a sort of dark, bassy sound compared to other mixers Ive worked on.

I used to have one as my main mixer and still own it for location tracking, never heard it as dark and bassy? The only thing is that they don't have a HPF but it has a eq sweep on the lows.

Cheers
Alan.

I also have a red light that blinks continuously and the solo function doesnt work as described in the manual. Does this mean I have the dead battery problem ? Where is the battery located and what kind of battery is it ?

I also have a red light that blinks continuously and the solo function doesnt work as described in the manual. Does this mean I have the dead battery problem ? Where is the battery located and what kind of battery is it ?

I still have never changed the battery, a blinking red light means there is a scene selected but there is something in the scene that has ben changed, i.e. a channel un-muted. If you want to clear all the old scenes and mutes, there is a reset button on the top of the rear section right side (I think) that is reset with a pen. I would give that a try before looking for the battery.

Have you down loaded the manual?

Alan.

Goinpostal : now that you have had your 2516 for a while what do you think of it. I waited until you had a chance to try it on some music to get your observations.

Back